2013 Schedule of Holidays
Northern Kentucky University observes the following holidays by the closing of all departments and offices except where continuous service is essential, in accordance with Northern Kentucky University Personnel Policy and Procedure Manual:
- Martin Luther King Day -- Monday, January 21, 2013
- Memorial Day -- Monday, May 27, 2013
- Independence Day -- Thursday, July 4, 2013
- Labor Day -- Monday, September 2, 2013
- Thanksgiving -- Thursday, November 28, 2013 & Friday, November 29, 2013
- Holiday Break* -- Wednesday, December 25, 2013 returning Thursday, January 2, 2014
* To accommodate Winter Sessions some offices will remain open, with limited staff, during the holiday break.
Policy F.2.7 of the Personnel Policy and Procedure Manual will be administered for those individuals required to work during the Holiday Break.
The employee shall either be credited with equivalent compensatory time off, on an hour for hour basis, or be paid an additional amount, at the straight-time rate, for the hours worked. The decision to allow compensatory time off or make additional payment is reserved to the Director or Chair, giving consideration to staffing needs and budgetary constraints.
Please use the Holiday Hours Worked Form to communicate holiday hours worked by staff employees. The employee will see the holiday hours worked as additional vacation hours on their paycheck stub.