REGENTS DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD
The Regents Distinguished Service Award recognizes individual staff employees who have made notable contributions to the growth, image, or efficient operations of the University. Three $1,000 awards are granted yearly.
Who is eligible to be nominated? All regular and contract staff employees with five or more years of continuous service and satisfactory job performance can be nominated. Recipients of the Regents Distinguished Service Award after 1990 are not eligible for nomination.
A list of eligible employees can be found by clicking the "Eligible Employees List" icon on the right side of this page.
Who can nominate? Any faculty, staff or student can nominate a staff employee for this award. An employee cannot nominate him/herself or be nominated by a family member.
Who decides who wins? The selection committee is composed of representatives from the university's organizational units, Staff Congress, the Board of Regents, and the previous year's award recipients.
Requirements to win: The selection committee uses the following during the evaluation process:
· service above and beyond the call of duty,
· initiative and creativity
· peer recognition
· contributions to the work environment
· personal characteristics such as enthusiasm, loyalty, good attendance, leadership and cooperation, courtesy, and fairness to other employees.
How do I nominate someone?
1. Click the "Eligible Employees List" icon at the top of the page for a list of eligible staff employees.
2. Complete the "Nomination Form" (click "Nomination Form" icon at the top of the page.
3. Mail your completed forms to RDSA AC 708 or email your completed form to Emily Sumner (email@example.com) no later than Tuesday February 28th.
Job Performance: (Include examples of one or more of the following: service above and beyond the call of duty, initiative and creativity, peer recognition, contributions to the work environment, and personal characteristics such as enthusiasm, good attendance, leadership and cooperation, courtesy, and fairness to other employees.)
University Service: (Include examples of one or more of the following: efforts toward good public relations for the University and/or community service with a professional organization which directly or favorable reflects upon or benefits the University.)